+80 Years of Capital Market experience
- Team of four founding partners
- Extensive buy and sell side institutional experience including equity sales, investment banking, trading, portfolio management and compliance
- Relationships with all facets of trading and banking in Canada including large and small investment managers, independent broker dealers as well as bank trading desks
- Active investors
IAN CLARK, CFA
Ian has 13 years of buy side experience in trading, research, and portfolio management. He has established a broad understanding of the various market participants behaviours and an in depth understanding of the markets. He has established a broad reach of relationships across all of the sell side trading desks.. This experience in addition to a high level of education, including being a CFA Charterholder, earning a Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree, and completion of a number of Canadian Securities courses (CCO, CPH, PDO, CSC) all contributes to his broad equity capital markets expertise.
Mark has been involved with trading for over 35 years. He has experience on both sides of the street having worked at a leading independent firm, a large bank firm and a hedge fund. Over the course of his career he continually earned more significant responsibility and roles. He has been directly involved in all aspects of trading across all asset classes. His experience coupled with his honour degree from SHK and completion of industry courses (CCO, CPH, PDO, CSC, COC) all contribute to his broad equity capital markets expertise.
Marc Murnaghan, CFA
Marc joined Polaris Infrastructure as CEO in May 2015 after leading the recapitalization transaction. Prior to this, Marc worked in the investment banking business for over twenty years. He was Co-Head of Investment Banking at Cormark Securities for 3 years and prior to that he ran the Power and Alternative Energy group, leading efforts to raise capital for companies in the solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, biomass, power electronics, battery technologies and fuel cell sectors. In addition, he currently chairs the Board of Directors at Autism Speaks Canada, the leading autism science and advocacy organization in Canada. Marc holds an Honours Business Administration degree from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
What We Look For in a Partner
- We look to partner with companies that are fundamentally sound investments, but are not fully benefitting from being a public company.
- We believe a strong partnership between management, proper investor relations and ICP can help improve the capital markets positioning of attractive investment that are overlooked by investors